Monday, February 1, 2010

Time is a Factor...

As if losing Polaroid and KodaChrome this past year wasn't bad enough, the sad time has finally come for another great brand. It's the end of the lip line for one of the first names in makeup. Max Factor is ceasing production and distribution here in the US this month.


I first heard this "rumor" during Nolan Robert's demo at last year's IMATS and then shockingly found it to be true. For you non-pro's out there, Nolan was the winner of Lifetime's 1st and only makeup artist reality show, BLUSH where he received a $100,000 contract with Max Factor. The IMATS, well... let's just call it Disneyland for makeup artists. It's the International Makeup Artist Trade Show. But that kids, is a whole other blog, come June when it hits LA again...


This Max Factor thing saddens me for a number of reasons but one in general is that the 2000 Calorie Mascara was one of my very first when I started my makeup obsession. I feel partially responsible for not buying more over the years as maybe I could have helped save this iconic brand.


So many products have come and gone in my personal arsenal but never in a million years did I think that a great brand like Max Factor would join the cosmetic dump bin.


Right now you can find Max Factor products at 50-75% off at some retailers. Stock up while you can... before you can't and make tribute to the man who started it all...


R.I.P. Mr. Factor. You taught us well.


www.maxfactor.com
Find professional-quality makeup products and expert advice at MAX Factor.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment