Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Blonde Ambition

Hey Blondie!

It's about that time of year when all of us blondes (both natural and processed) go out and spend a pretty penny on touching up those highlights in prep for the warm weather ahead... Well, I'm here to share with you one of my personal products of choice for cutting out that trip to the salon and saving you a few bucks.

Being a natural strawberry-blonde, I never felt comfortable dishing out $150 on highlights when I always already blonde by nature. I thought that I should get some sort of "special" discount or something being that the colorist didn't have to work too hard... but what do I know about what the actual process was for highlights.

All I did know is that I felt extremely guilty and a had a strong case of buyers remorse every time I dropped that kind of cash on my hair. AND I was never really thrilled about how it left my hair feeling dry and matted whenever I took a shower.

It wasn't until my mom went blonde herself that I really understood what was being done to my hair in the salon. It was being stripped with BLEACH which is why my hair was left tangle-prone and bird's nest like whenever water hit it. All the more reason why I stopped getting highlights in the salon about 5 years ago to not only save some money but save my hair from being destroyed.

I have been highlight free since 2006 and my hair is now back to it's natural state. I have a whole arsenal of products that I use semi-daily that keep my natural blonde locks looking bright and shiny without that sticker shock at the salon. But the MOST important is my fabulous shampoo by John Frieda.

It's the John Frida Sheer Blonde GO BLONDER Lightening Shampoo.

This stuff is great! It REALLY works to lighten your natural or color-treated blonde hair! I was amazed when I bought my first bottle last Summer to see that it gives such a natural effect of "real" highlights that mom asked me who did my hair! The natural highlighters of citrus and chamomile help gradually lighten hair through normal shampooing and give that natural, sun-kissed look.

There are actual "streaks" of color which are the true natural look to highlights and what (some) try to achieve in the salon. Big, chunky stripes are not what you're gonna get with this and at $7.99 a bottle, it's quite a bargain for what could cost you $100+ in the chair.

Even when I was getting pro highlights, I have been using John Frieda's Sheer Blonde products since they hit the stores back in about 2000 - you do the math... that's a big dedication to one line. So, whenever a new product comes out, I'm usually one of the first to run and get it. Test it. And of course, APPROVE it!

Go get your blonde on baby!

Xoxo

Jen

1 comment:

  1. we too deal with Wholesale Cosmetics, but our's is a private label skin care product which will provide you quicker results

    ReplyDelete